Change is in the air and this fall has been an exciting one for Riverside. Check out all of the new changes that have been happening in the neighbourhood and new spots to be checking out this holiday season!
- Empire by Bullet & Keep me posted (724 Queen St E): We said farewell to them as they moved to another neighbourhood this summer.
- Sugar Loaf Bakery (729 Queen St E): It’s a sad goodbye, but Sugar Loaf closed its doors this weekend, Dec 2nd. We’re going to miss all those delicious goodies!
- Dresden (733 Queen St E): After a couple of months of renovations and getting the space ready, we are happy to welcome Dresden Vision to the Riverside neighbourhood. Dresden Vision opened October 13th, 2018 at 733 Queen St E and joined in on the neighbourhood fun by participating in this years Halloween Fest Kiddie Costume Parade. Dresden Vision is an Australian founded, German-inspired optical store that manufactures their own sustainable frames that are playful, durable and affordable.
- Tiny Record Shop/Token (777 Queen St E): The beloved record shop and gift shop have moved across the street to where Elber’s Antique was. We can’t wait to see what they have done with their new space. Tiny Record Shop and Token worked very hard and were re-opened on the last weekend of October! Have you visited the new shop? It’s looking even better!
- St Mary Pharmacy (796 Queen St E): Don’t panic! The pharmacy is not moving… they are just under renovations! Soon, they will be looking good again! But don’t get me wrong, they are still open for business!
- Dirty Pawz (804 Queen St E): Dirty Pawz is a self-serve dog washing space that opened up this November! Located where Token & Tiny Record Shop previously were, Dirty Pawz provides self-serve dog washes which cost $12, this includes all of the veterinary approved shampoo and conditioner you need. Dirty Pawz has been doing giveaways on their Instagram and Facebook (@dirtypawzto) for free washes, so be sure to check them out.
- Viaduct Between DeGrassi and Jimmie Simpson Rec Centre is under renovations! They don’t know how long it will last, but it’s a very welcome fix!