Last Saturday we celebrated WWF’s Earth Hour in Riverside with environmental themed activities from local businesses leading up to the lights off moment. There were performances from the Etobicoke School of the Arts GLO show choir and the Lucas Stagg Band. And wow was it a beautiful community celebration.
Riverside community really rallied behind this. Thank-you so much for your interest and participation is this global initiative to help our planet
Please enjoy the video below with photos from the many activities throughout the day including:
- Lantern Making Workshop from Riverside Green Initiative at OMA Chiropractic
- Milk Carton Paper Making workshop with mixed media artist janet f potter at Dimensions Custom Framing
- Environmental themed street-level artwalk starting at macFAB featuring Artist Network Artists
- Yoga by Candlelight at energyXchange
- Earth Hour Concert main stage outside the Ralph Thornton Community Center with special guest David Miller, President and CEO of WWF-Canada.
Action on climate change doesn’t stop just because Earth Hour is over. Like you, we are committed to continuous improvement.
Riverside’s next event is the Community Clean-up on April 26th and 27th– as part of the annual City of Toronto community clean-up. Local community groups and residents will be pitching in to help with the our neighbourhhood Spring Clean up
Please click here for more details and to see how you can help out your hood!
And keep in touch with WWF!
Visit wwf.ca/enewsletter and sign up for WWF-Canada’s monthly e-newsletter to get the latest stories and updates on critical conversation work taking place across the country.
Thanks for everything – please stay in touch.