- This event has passed.
“Coldest Night” Walk
February 22 @ 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm
It’s cold out there. The Coldest Night of the Year is a family-friendly walk that raises money for charities serving hungry, homeless, and hurting people in our community.
Beginning at the Ralph Thornton Community Centre, we will head west to Broadview; north to Bain Ave; south on Logan to Riverdale; jog over to Pape and then return to Logan and head back to RTCC.
Here’s the schedule for the Event Day:
- 4 pm: Registration opens
- 5 pm: Opening Ceremonies
- 5:15 pm: Walk begins (all distances)
- 6 pm: Registration closes
- 6 pm: Meal service begins
- 8 pm: Route closes, meal service end
- Children 0-10: Free to participate (but you’ll need to raise $75 to earn a toque)
- Youth 11-17: Fundraise $75+ to earn your CNOY toque or pay the $25 registration fee
- Adult 18+: Fundraise $150+ to earn your CNOY toque or pay the $25 registration fee
- Route Distances: 2 km, 5 km, or 10 km walks.
- Rest stops are available on all routes.
- All routes will be well signed.
- Route marshals, rest stop attendants, and sweep vehicle drivers will provide support along the route.
- All walkers 12 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
Walk with us on February 22, 2020!