Riverside Walks: Doors Open Toronto
May 25 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Just steps from Toronto’s major film studios, Riverside neighbourhood has been a film andTV hotspot for decades thanks to the area’s film-friendly ‘doors open’ policy. Home to thefamous De Grassi Street which inspired the Degrassi TV series, Riverside has beentransformed for “Cinderella Man” (2005), and more recently hosted shoots for TV seriessuch as “Handmaid’s Tale” and “Taken”. The Riverside BIA’s tour will have you walking on DeGrassi Street and in Bruce Mackey Park to learn about the origins of the TV series. It’ll makea stop at Laird FX, Canada’s largest special effects and props firm (“Dawn of the Dead”,”Total Recall”) on Riverside’s McGee Street. Guests will also learn about filming at iconicToronto’s landmarks including The Opera House, Stephan Caras Intl, and The Broadview Hotel.
Join us for Riverside Walks: Free Local Guided Tours!
‘Riverside Walks’ is our series of complimentary local guided walking tours throughout the spring, summer, and fall (May-Oct). We invite you to come and explore the vibrant Riverside neighbourhood! We are located along Queen Street East from the DVP to Empire Avenue in Toronto. Free to the public the series showcases Riverside’s diverse culture, art, heritage, and culinary delights – catering to a wide variety of interests. All walks are led by local residents and Riverside personalities.
Upcoming 2019 Riverside Walks:
- Riverside Culinary Walk Tour | June 15th | 11AM – 12:30 PM | Led by Chef Scott of Toronto Food Tours
- Riverside Public Art Walk | July 6th | 10AM – 12PM | Led by Anjuli Solanki
- Riverside Coffee Tour | August 10th | 10AM – 12PM | Led by Manu Kabahizi
- Riverside Craft Pub Walk | September 7th | 10AM – 12PM | Led by Riverside BIA
- Riverside Kiddie Costume Parade | October 26th | 12PM – 1PM | Led by Riverside BIA