- This event has passed.
Riverside Walks 2019: Wild Plant
May 4 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
Riverside Walks, free guided walking tours series of Riverside neighbourhood – is back for another season! This year the series is kicking it off with the ‘Wild Plant Walk’ on May 4th, led by Clinical Herbalist Danette Steele.
If you would like to learn to identify local plants that are good for food, medicine and pollinators – come out and enjoy this Riverside Walk!
Danette Steele – the herbalist, will share stories about the history, nutritional and medicinal benefits of the plants we find in our parks, laneways and gardens. You will gain new insights into the green world that surrounds us in the city after you meet some wild plant friends – like Dandelion, Motherwort, Plantain and Goosefoot.
Bring your travel mug – as yummy herbal teas are provided! Herbal teas available 5 mins before Walk start.
Meet outside of the Queen/Saulter Library Branch (765 Queen St East at Saulter Street) – this Walk will end at Joel Weeks Park.
Accessibility notes: This Walk follows Toronto sidewalks and laneways and ends in a local Park – it is at a leisurely pace and all outdoors. Dogs, strollers, and bicycles are welcome and there will be rest breaks.
Upcoming 2019 Riverside Walks:
- Riverside Walks for “20 Something” Doors Open Toronto | May 25 & 26 | 10AM – 11:30AM & 1PM – 2:30PM
- Riverside Culinary Walk Tour | June 15th | 11AM – 12:30 PM | Led by Chef Scott of Toronto Food Tours
- Riverside Film Walk | July 6th
- Heritage, Architecture, and History of Riverside | August 10th | 10AM – 12PM
- Riverside Coffee Tour | September 7th | 10AM – 12PM | Led by Manu Kabahizi
- Riverside Kiddie Costume Parade | October 26th | 12PM – 1PM | Led by Riverside BIA & Team Sheppard