Riverside Winefest, in its 3rd year, was a resounding success!
- 20 events and special promotions via participating restaurants, retailers and community organizations hosting events from April 4-9th
- 13 wineries took part from diverse parts of Niagara and Prince Edward County
- 1,300 people registered throughout the week (!!)
- $1,200 raised for community programming at the Ralph Thornton Centre
This event could not have happened without the support of so many amazing people!
- Riverside Winefest Sponsors for making this event possible: the Riverside Business Improvement Area (BIA) for event funding and coordination, Sugar Loaf Bakery & Cafe for event catering, Toronto Food Tours for providing food demos and events, the Ralph Thornton Center for in-kind time and materials, and Team Sheppard Re/MAX for advertising support.
- Riverside Winefest Marketing Committee for your energy, ideas, space and volunteer time to make this event become a reality! An especially big thanks to our community charity partner the Ralph Thornton Centre for providing the beautiful space for Winefest events and so much support throughout the week.
- Riverside BIA Board who helped spread the word, and host and support the events.
- Riverside Restaurants, Retailers and Community Organizations who hosted excellent events including the teams at Oma Chiropractic, Quince Flowers, Sugar Loaf, The Underground, I’ll Be Seeing You, Tabule, Arts Market, Common Sort, il ponte, Dimensions, The Peasant Table, BRIKA, Queen/Saulter Library, White Lily Diner and Chi Junky.
- The Wineries who made the event come alive, including winery owners and reps from Three Dog Winery, Vineland Estates, Trail Estate Winery, 13th Street Winery, Broken Stone Winery, Henry of Pelham, Casa-Dea, Angels Gate, Cave Spring, Waupoos, Devil’s Wishbone, Rosehall Run, and Grange of Prince Edward. Thanks also to Kinsip and WineVirgin for joining us!
- Artists & Educators: Geo Conidis who created the stylish promotional materials that people’s attention online and on the streets. Samantha Kate Sheppard whose amazing voice enlivened our Wine Expo and Lynn Leonard who exhibited her fine art at the Expo. Wine educators Malcolm Lamont and Melissa Pulvermacher who brought popular talks to Winefest.
- Media and community partners who helped spread the word: Snap’d, GOODHOOD, The Bulletin and Beach Mirror. Special thanks to k-media for volunteering time to capture the moments!!
Enjoy the week’s memories and we look forward to the next Riverside Winefest!!