Riverside Eats & Beats Streetfest, in its 7th year, was described by Riverside festival-goers and businesses alike as ‘the biggest and best celebration yet’ with:
- 8,000+ people enjoying the festivities in Riverside on June 1st
- 50+ participating restaurants, vendors and retailers hosting events/ activities
- 15+ live performances by Toronto musicians and artists
- 5 street closures over the weekend packed with fun & meaningful activities and attractions
- 400+volunteer hours contributed to festival planning and execution
- 600 popsicles distributed!
- $1,000+ raised to Nellie’s from the Nell & Natasha BBQ!
- 500 pints poured in our Eastbound Brewing Co. Beer Garden – a new activity for the festival!!
This event could not have happened without the support of so many amazing folks…
- Riverside Eats & Beats 2019 Sponsors including the Riverside BIA, Hullmark, Bentall Kennedy, and Metroland Media.
- Riverside Eats & Beats Marketi
ng Committee: Adrienne, our Event Chair, and the whole Oma Chiropractic team for helping host fab activities at the Munro Street closure; Kristin from Jam Factory T.O. for bringing more sound and dance to the fest and being our amazing Main Stage MC; Chef Scott for bringing Toronto Food Tours Culinary tent to Broadview, Giancarlo of PAWELECphoto for event photography, Judy and the Queen/Saulter Library Branch team for fun activities for all ages; John & the Ralph Thornton Community Centre team for hosting fun activities and for bringing the Game of Thrones throne. Dave for hosting the festival’s Eastbound Brewing Co. Beer Garden.
- Riverside BIA Board: Rosie, Adrienne, Dave, Natasha, Athena, and Ellen who hosted amazing activities during the festival. Special thanks to our Co-Chair, Rosie, for representing the Riverside BIA throughout the festival and the always supportive Co-Chair Mitch, and MPP Julie Dabrusin for supporting the neighbourhood and warm welcome on our main stage.
- Street Closure Hosts: Nell & Natasha Real Estate Homeward for hosting their always-popular free annual BBQ & Blues on McGee; Oma Chiropractic, and Quince Flowers on Munro St; Switchback Cyclery and DAG for giving out 600 popsicles on Carrol St.; Queen/Saulter Library and RTCC who hosted activities on Saulter; and Artists’ Network for cross promoting and collaborating on outreach with the Riverdale ArtWalk, so our two events come together as one.
- Riverside Restaurants, Retailers and Community Centres who hosted excellent activities: Shout out to the many who hosted great food tasters, specials and other activities such as Brickworks Ciderhouse, Tertulia, The ALK, Broadview Bakery, Ruby Watchco, The Wine Rack, The Opera House Grill, Butchers of Distinction, Lan Restaurant, The Comrade, Tabule, Arts Market, Common Sort, Dimensions Custom Framing, The Broadview Hotel, Here & Now, Irish Design House, Bergstrom, Sash & Bustle, Mustard Seed, Chi Junky Studio, Brika, Dresden, Dreamy Beauty Bar, Komplete Strength, and The Queen Garden Centre.
- Artists, Musicians, Artisans and Vendors who helped enliven our streets and community spaces: Samba Toronto, Don Valley Stompers, Monkey Fightin’ Snakes, Sugar Foot Stompers, DJ Battle, Stuart Brignell Electric Trio, the Ugly Horse, and The Nobody’s.
- Graphic designer Geo who created the event’s signature design, enlivening promotional materials that helped make this event come to life and captured people’s attention online and on the streets
- Other Eats & Beats Volunteers:
all our fabulous, hard-working George Brown ESL Students, our Marketing Committee members, and other volunteers for their essential support and extra hard work this year!
- Riverside BIA Maintenance staff Drew for helping get the moving parts into the right place at the right time
- Last but certainly not least the amazing, strong BIA Office Team for this year’s festivities: Lais, Carly, Jessica and Barb for supporting every step to make this event a success!
…AND ENJOY THE MEMORIES OF SOME OF THE 2019 FESTIVAL HIGHLIGHTS!
(p.s. if you see your photo and would like a high res copy, please email us at email@example.com)
Riverside Eats & Beats Gallery (June 1, 2019)
Thank you to Giancarlo from PAWELEC Photo for the following pictures: