On April 3rd, OBIAA released its newest handbook “The Business of Accessibility: How to Make Your Main Street Business Accessibility Smart”. This handbook offers no-cost and low-cost ideas, gathered from people with first-hand experience, to inspire businesses to go beyond the minimum requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA).
This latest handbook is a companion to OBIAA’s “AODA for BIAs Handbook” released in 2016. “The Business of Accessibility” includes:
- Low-cost and no-cost tips on how businesses can be more accessible in such areas as lighting, signage, websites, space layout, and more
- The business case for accessibility and Ontario’s changing demographics
- A Built Environment Accessibility Checklist
- Stories of Ontario businesses
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Built Environment Accessibility Resources